Here you see a micro burst rolling in with a vengeance
As the Monsoon Season in Arizona draws near, we at SERVPRO want to ensure your safety and preparedness. Haboobs, also known as Micro Bursts, are sudden, unpredictable air rushes that can pose serious threats to your property. These storms can lead to flood damage, fire damage, and air quality risks due to their intense winds and flying debris.
Here are some steps to safeguard your property:
1. Ensure all windows, doors, vents, and other airflow points are securely closed.
2. Safely secure any potential flying debris on your property.
3. Heed the directions provided by the National Weather Service.
Remember, SERVPRO of Casa Grande, Coolidge, Eloy, and Maricopa is always ready to help restore your property to its original condition. Should you require our services, please call us at 520-421-1894.
Stay safe this Monsoon Season.
Prioritize Fire Damage
Prioritize Fire Damage
Why you should have professionals help you with this:
Fires can be very traumatic. Let us help you through the process. It can be long and arduous, but we take some of the burden away from you by performing the necessary steps to get your home back to you; the way it was before the fire.
There are many concerns that need to be addressed.
- Water Mitigation: Standing water left behind from the fire extinguishing efforts of the local fire department have several important ramifications. The resulting water damage can be furniture, electronics, clothing, drywall, ceilings, flooring, and more. Water removal must be done quickly. SERVPRO of Casa Grande utilizes water extraction equipment and commercial drying equipment to dry the structure quickly thereby mitigating the damage. Fire damage unfortunately, has collateral damage.
- Smoke or Soot Damage: The smoke damage that results from a fire can be quite extensive. The smoke left behind can become embedded in your furniture, flooring, carpets, and walls. If left unaddressed, this smoke damage can remain in your property for years. Soot, another by-product of some fires, needs special attention for proper clean up to avoid staining of walls and furniture.
- Contents/Personal Items: In many cases, homeowners throw away good items that can be saved. We can help with this process. We will assess items and determine what is salvageable and what is non-salvageable. Some items may need to be cleaned by specialists. We can help facilitate this.
- Demolition: if this is necessary, we will remove and dispose of structural items damaged beyond repair.
- Reconstruction: We can also repair your home.
Importance of Water Mitigation
Importance of handling water damage properly
Your home may experience water damage issues anytime. SERVPRO techs are IICRC certified in water restoration and ready 24/7 365 days a year.
SERVPRO understands the water damage that can happen to your home and can provide professional mitigation services
Problems occur every day that leads to water intrusion and potential damage to your home. It can be something as simple as an appliance failure or plumbing issue. Complete water extraction and drying are crucial to avoid secondary damage.
What can happen if water intrusion is not handled properly
When moisture is not immediately mitigated, water damage to you home can be serious. DIY clean up can lead to:
- Musty smells, which can indicate mold
- Damaged drywall
- Warped floorboards
- Compromise to structural materials which may not be visible
- Sagging ceiling
- Stained walls and floors
Professional IICRC certified water damage services ensure that damage is kept to a minimum. Our technicians use a combination of commercial equipment and state-of-the-art technology to make sure your home is thoroughly dried and restored to preloss condition whenever possible. Our crew will:
- Trace the migration path of the water
- Device a drying plan to protect your home from further damage
- Remove materials that are damaged beyond repair if necessary
- Set up drying equipment and monitor every day until dry
- Work with your insurance adjuster
If you have water damage, no matter how extensive, call SERVPRO of Casa Grande, at 520-421-1894.
Types of Fire Extinguishers
The Types of fire extinguishers
There are five primary types of fire extinguishers, each designed to put out different kinds of fires.
Type A: For use with ordinary materials like cloth, wood and paper. Often found in homes and businesses
Type B:For use with combustible and flammable liquids like grease, gasoline, oil and oil-based paints. Often found in homes and businesses
Type C: For use with electrical equipment like appliances, tools, or other equipment that is plugged in. Often found in homes and businesses
Type D: For use with flammable metals. Often found in factories
Type K: For use with vegetable oils, animal oils and fats in cooking appliances. Often found in commercial kitchens (restaurants, cafeterias, catering businesses)
There are also multipurpose fire extinguishers that might be labeled "B-C" or "A-B-C." Most home improvement stores carry multipurpose fire extinguishers that cover Class A through Class C.
Help people decide when to use a fire extinguisher
Fire extinguishers can be helpful on a small fire. Consider providing a checklist to help people prepare to use a fire extinguisher on a potential fire.
- Have I alerted others in the building that there’s a fire?
- Has someone called the fire department?
- Am I physically able to use a fire extinguisher?
- Is the fire small and contained in a single object (like a pan or a wastebasket)?
- Am I safe from the fire’s toxic smoke?
- Do I have a clear escape route?
Use a fire extinguisher when all of these questions are answered “yes.” If you’re unsure about whether or not it’s safe to use a fire extinguisher, and for all other situations, alert others, leave the building, and call 911 from a mobile or neighbor’s phone. It is not recommended that children use fire extinguishers.
Teach people how to use a fire extinguisher
When operating a fire extinguisher, tell residents to remember the word PASS:
- Pull the pin. Hold the extinguisher with the nozzle pointing away from you and release the locking mechanism.
- Aim low. Point the extinguisher at the base of the fire.
- Squeeze the lever slowly and evenly.
- Sweep the nozzle from side-to-side.
Educate on the importance of fire extinguisher maintenance
Remind citizens to check fire extinguishers for:
Easy access in an emergency
Be sure nothing is blocking or limiting your ability to reach it.
The recommended pressure level
Many extinguishers have gauges that show when pressure is too high or too low.
Make sure the can, hoses and nozzles aren’t damaged, dented, or rusted.
Remove any dust, oil, or grease that might be on the outside of the extinguisher.
Guidelines and instructions
Some extinguishers need to be shaken monthly, others need to be pressure tested every few years.
This information is from the following link: https://www.usfa.fema.gov/prevention/outreach/extinguishers.html
What to do when pipes burst causing water damage in your property?
Finding the problem and fixing it is what SERVPRO of Casa Grande does best. Contact SERVPRO of Casa Grande 520-421-1894 for professional remediation and mitigation services.
Seeking Professional Water Removal Services from a Reliable Restoration Company like SERVPRO of Casa Grande is the Best Move.
When water gets into unwanted places in your home or building, it is an emergency, and you should contact restoration experts immediately. Since saving time is critical, our technicians respond within a short time and identify areas with high moisture levels. Our technicians can help you avoid incurring costly damages in your property.
How should property owners identify signs of water damage?
When water damage occurs, the signs begin to show immediately. If you delay water removal in your home, the damage may spread to other areas. Since plumbers install water pipes behind walls, finding water leaks can be challenging for most property owners. However, a homeowner can detect water damage by:
- Examining walls and ceilings for water stains
- Checking basement floors for signs of buckling
- Switching off all faucets and listening to determine where the water leak is
How long does it take to dry a water-damaged property?
That depends on several factors, including:
- How long it’s been wet
- When the restoration process began
- Types of materials affected
The drying process may take a few days or longer. Our SERVPRO team uses advanced equipment and tools to hasten the drying process. We can conduct controlled demolition to dry hidden surfaces effectively.
How do you dry the areas behind walls and ceilings?
We try as much as possible to minimize property damage. Therefore, we can drill small holes in the ceiling and through drywall to access the moisture. However, before we begin drying the area, we must check for contamination. If there is no microbial growth, we can use structural cavity drying equipment to pull out the moist air in the hidden area.
If your property suffered water damage from a burst pipe, contact SERVPRO of Casa Grande at 520-421-1894 to mitigate damages, "Like it never even happened."
What Should Homeowners Do About a Wet and Sagging Ceiling?
Contact SERVPRO of Casa Grande to Mitigate the Damages
It can be scary to find a sagging, water-damaged ceiling in your property. These damages can be costly to repair. However, those costs will increase many times over if damage is ignored.
SERVPRO of Casa Grande is available day and night to provide water mitigation services. Our staff will coordinate with both you and your insurance adjuster to ensure that claims are filed quickly and easily on your behalf. We are also licensed to provide general contracting services for more thorough restoration after removing water damage from your property.
How Do SERVPRO Tools Accelerate the Restoration Process?
The IICRC, Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification, has accredited SERVPRO of Casa Grande. We are trained to adhere to restoration industry guidelines. We receive extensive training in using both sophisticated technologies and tried-and-true techniques for home disaster mitigation. These tools include the following:
- Moisture measurement meters to detect moisture, humidity, temperature, etc. to help us achieve drying goals.
- Commercial drying equipment, including air movers and dehumidifiers. If Category of water requires, we can add HEPA air scrubbers.
- OSHA approved cleaning solutions that aid in the remediation of microbes and unpleasant odors from water damage.
- Odor control modalities that address a variety of sources, including pet odors, water damage, and mold.
- Moisture extraction tools: portable, truck mount, etc.
Some Causes of Water Damage
There are many ways that ceiling water damage can befall a Toms River home, including the following:
- Pipe leaks
- Appliance leaks in upstairs rooms or attics, including the HVAC system.
- Bathroom drains, pipes, toilets
- Refrigerator water lines, RO systems or dishwasher
- Washing machine failures
- Hot water heaters, water softeners…
Finding the source of leaks and mitigating the water damage is a highly involved process that requires specific tools to accomplish. Homeowners are advised to contact a trusted restoration firm for your mitigation and restoration needs. SERVPRO performs this service 24/7, to minimize structure, contents damage and microbial growth resulting from moisture exposure.
What Should Homeowners Do If They Notice Their Ceiling Is Sagging?
Homeowners should follow these steps to quickly mitigate damage to their home:
- Stabilize the leaking area of the ceiling. Move the contents of your home away from the leakage area where possible. Catch the water with a bucket or other deep, nonporous container. Consider adding a tarp to prevent damage to your flooring.
- Locate and identify leaks causing the sagging. This process can be challenging because water damage can manifest quite far from the leak source. Porous materials like drywall can absorb significant amounts of moisture. If you are concerned about a leak, look for the following common signs of water leaks in your home:
- Missing caulk
- Broken or cracked pipes
- Leaky drains or supply lines
If you are unsure of the source of the leak, shut off your water main and contact a licensed plumber. Keep any documentation you receive from repair professionals for your insurance claim.
Contact a SERVPRO of Casa Grande as quickly as possible for mitigation. We have the knowledge and equipment to properly dry and repair your home.
SERVPRO of Casa Grande can Provide Fire Damage Restoration Services to your home
No matter how big or small your fire damage is, call SERVPRO of Casa Grande.
Many homeowners never worry about the possibility of facing fire damage to their property. Fires are not always a disaster. Some are small in scale such as a kitchen grease fire or burning appliance. The smoke and soot can find its way into the tiniest of crevices.
These types of fires can seem devastating, but can be remediated with the proper cleaning techniques and odor removal methods.
Our technicians are trained to IICRC protocols and use SERVPRO products to clean and break down soot and grease.
Our goal is to get you back to normal as soon as possible. "Like it never even happened."
SERVPRO #10 in Franchise 500
SERVPRO Helps with CoVid Clean Up
Although we're known for specializing in fire and water restoration, we've been very busy with CoVid clean up since the pandemic began; both residential and commercial. We respond to both Pro-active cleaning and confirmed cases. Each situation is handled differently. Upon completion, we can provide you with a window cling marking your establishment "Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned."
We are the cleaning experts; SERVPRO is here to help during this time of need
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned
Professional COVID Cleaning Service
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program that goes beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning, it’s a higher standard of clean. This is proactive viral pathogen cleaning that helps ensure the cleanliness of the restaurants, businesses and public spaces in the communities we all call home. Our SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills - always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
Water Removal Solutions for Flooding in Coolidge Homes
Leave your flood damage to the experts. Call SERVPRO, We are always available to help.
Why you want SERVPRO’s Help with Water Removal after a Flood
While the severity and concentrations of damages might change from one Coolidge home to another, one of the defining traits of most flood losses is a need for water removal. Choosing the right tool for this task is one of the many obstacles that our SERVPRO team faces as we respond to the emergency. Our decision in which tool might be best for this task depends on multiple factors, including:
- Depth of the water in the flooded areas
- Present hazards that might exist
- Solids and debris in the standing water
- The volume of water throughout the house
Knowing the best machine for addressing flood damage to Coolidge homes can save our customers time and money on the restoration work their property needs. We strive to provide a fast response to these emergencies, ensuring that conditions do not worsen dramatically before we can get pooling water under control with extraction equipment and techniques. Often water removal comes down to one of three primary extractors in our inventory or fleet.
Electric Submersible Pumps
These are among the most versatile water removal tools in our arsenal because they can potentially have long discharge lines. These powerful units do not draw excessive amounts of electricity, making them ideal for recovery efforts where the power has gotten severed. These tools are not ideal for natural flooding scenarios where debris might exist, however.
Gas-Powered or Engine-Driven Pumps
Many of the fuel-driven pumps in our inventory have larger (4” or greater) intake and discharge hoses, making them better suited to water removal where debris and solids might exist. With natural flooding, sediment and solids likely get carried in with the water, so you need a solution that can address the water and what is in it simultaneously.
Wet Vacuums and Wands
When water depth gets below two inches in the affected area, submersible pumps of every kind cease to be effective. Wet vacuums are the staple of low depth water removal, as our vacuums can have numerous attachments that can help remove water from low-permeance flooring and carpeting as well.
No matter how severe water losses might be after a flood, you can count on our SERVPRO of Casa Grande for effective water removal solutions. Give us a call today at (520) 421-1894.
Find out more about Coolidge.
Removing Foul Odors In Coolidge
Give us a call anything that you need us at (520) 421-1894.
Removing Foul Odors After Coolidge House fires
There are many strategies that our SERVPRO team can employ to address foul odors that exist after a fire in a Coolidge home. Despite how quickly these odors can travel throughout the property, addressing the concerns always falls on the cutting-edge technology available to our professionals. The look of your property after a fire might be overwhelming, so taking care of pressing considerations like the smoke odors can make the damage easier to manage.
Choosing among the modern deodorization options involves several considerations beyond the severity of fire damage in Coolidge properties. Even before considering the options that exist, it might be beneficial for customers to understand the criteria for choosing one deodorization practice over another. These include:
• The concentration of smoke and other foul odors in the residence
• How widespread and far-reaching odors have become
• Inaccessible areas with odor concerns
• If relocation of the property’s occupants is necessary
• Materials affected by the odor
Versatile tools that neutralize foul odors and volatile organic compounds in the house using radicals produced through a chemical reaction of ultraviolet rays, oxygen, and water. This cleaning process can affect a broad area.
There are portable units that can get used in the house, but ozone usually gets used most directly with items taken to the SERVPRO warehouse for cleaning and deodorization. We have an ozone chamber there to address entire roomfuls of belongings.
Thermal / ULV Foggers
Foggers are versatile machines that outdate several of the modern approaches getting used. These devices are very mobile and versatile, making them easy to transport from one area to another to deodorize an entire house. Foggers do not have an extensive range, however, so they must get moved manually to all of the areas where they might be necessary.
There are many deodorization tools that our SERVPRO of Casa Grande team uses to improve the smell of your home after a fire loss incident. No matter how severe or widespread these effects might become, we have a tool or a technique that can help. Give us a call anything that you need us at (520) 421-1894.
For more about Coolidge click here.